You have found the Origin of Japan
Kyoto by the Sea is called the 'origin of Japan' because it is believed to
be Japan's first ancient kingdom, where people first settled after crossing
the sea from the Asian continent. This is Kyoto’s northern tip, perched on
the Japanese Sea, just 90 minutes from Kyoto City.
This area is a mecca of wellness and life longevity, award winning sake
breweries, high-quality seafood, beaches, and a variety of UNESCO rated
spots that include pristine bays and a global geopark.
- Ayabe Autumn Rose Festival Oct. 19-
- Autumn roses are characteristically very fragrant with beautiful colors. Visit Ayabe Gunze Square's Rose Garden to see them in bloom. The shops around the square are also open, and have a variety of local specialties, crafts, and other handmade items. Dates: October 19- November Time: 9am-5
- Ayabe Foliage Festival Nov. 15, 16, 17
- Ayabe is an amazing city to view the fall foliage. The town is filled with a variety of deciduous trees that display amazing colors throughout late October and through November. This fall festival is a feast of Ayabe's light and shadow, and will take place during prime autumn viewing: November
- Travel Kyoto by the Sea and WIN cash!
- We are running a limited time campaign for people traveling around the Kyoto by the Sea area from November 15th - February 29th (2020). In return for filling out a questionnaire, travelers have an opportunity to win VISA gift cards valued as high as 10,000 yen. By answering questions, you ar
- Now Loading...